23 Jul 2014
17 Jul 2014
15 Jul 2014
The improving quality of hospitality in the UK and an increased connection with local character, are two aspects that have helped encourage people to take a domestic holiday but what other factors are driving the trends? This question will be explored through several case studies with the speakers sharing tips on how to stay ahead of the game, latest innovations and various approaches to satisfying future customers.
Staycation - What's Next?
Thursday 25th September
3.30pm - 6.30pm
Book your tickets here
Confirmed panellists (more to be announced soon):
- Sharon Orrell, Strategy and Development Director, Visit England
- Robert Louden, Director General, The Camping and Caravanning Club
- Craig Stewart, Director, freetobook
- Nick Rudge, Managing Director, Cottages4you
10 Jul 2014
The latest issue of AHTR is now available to view online here. Contents are as follows:
- Sharia-compliant hotels in Egypt: concept and challenges
- Strategic innovation: An empirical study on hotel firms operating in Antalya region
- Service quality and customer satisfaction in Chinese fast food sector: A proposal for CFFRSERV
- The embedding convergence of smart cities and tourism internet of things in China
8 Jul 2014
This July, Routledge is offering free online access to their most popular articles and ebooks, covering topics such as the pursuit for sustainable tourism, the growing demand for air travel and the relationship between tourism, trade and growth. Explore the 'Economics of Travel & Tourism' collection here
27 Jun 2014
From the first passenger plane to Virgin Galactic, air travel has come a long way and in this article, Lonely Planet talk about ten iconic planes which have transformed the way we travel. They have also posted about a selection of airports to be found in the most unlikely places, such as on beaches, hidden in mountain sides and atop compacted ice! They also provide a list of what they consider to be the very best airports across the world, which have facilities including museums, spas, galleries and even a swimming pool.
26 Jun 2014
The latest issue of the Travel Trade Gazette can be viewed now online; amongst the many news and features, articles include Tui's view to increase the offer of more sustainable holidays; advice is given to agents as we approach 'Make Holidays Greener' month; Indonesia's new tourism villages are discussed and finalists for the TTG Travel Awards are announced.